There are both advantages and challenges of selling a home during the Fall season.
The positive notes may be summed up as follows:
- Buyers can be seriously motivated to close a purchase quickly, ideally before the holiday season and before inclement weather begins/sets in.
- The warmth and feeling of the season makes your home more welcoming.
- More than 50% of buyers do not have children. Since they are not concerned with school schedules, Fall is a great season for them to shop.
- Both weeknight and weekend showings have enough daylight for part of the season.
Challenges can equal the following.
- Autumn is the “off-season” and there are traditionally fewer buyers than in spring.
- Weather can wreak havoc with scheduling and, maintaining curb appeal.
- Buyers with children (44%) are concerned with school schedules and priorities, regarding moving in a timely manner.
- Work, school, and pending holiday schedules can present issues for showings.
Here are three top tips for overcoming challenges of the season, and setting up your home’s sale for success:
Move as quickly as possible to list your property. The closer it gets to December, the more demanding and stressful schedules become for everyone involved.
Have your property professionally photographed as soon as possible. The autumn colors and natural scenery around your home are going to be most attractive while the sun is still shining. If in fact you are thinking of selling next fall, consider hiring the photography during spring next year, to capture your home’s essence at its best.
Hire a 5-star professional agent. In addition to knowing the Market well – especially now in the off-season - they will help you with every step of the selling process. This includes pricing your home to sell, and guiding you through how to review offers. It may not be peak season, yet that won’t stop a great agent from fielding the offers you deserve to receive.
Reach out to us today, we’re here to help with all of the above!